- Thanksgiving Hours and Specials
We'll be closed on Thanksgiving Day, and we wish you a safe and tasty holiday.
Thur Nov 27: CLOSED
Fri Nov 28: 11 am - 5 pm
Sat Nov 29: 11 am - 5 pm
Sun Nov 30: Noon - 4 pm
Holiday Hours begin on Mon, Dec 1. Open every day!
In-Store Black Friday through Monday Special! George Hummel's latest book, The Complete Homebrew Beer Book will be on sale for $20 instead of $24.95 for in-store purchases. Free personalized autographs. Come visit us at the store Fri Nov 28 through Mon Dec 1 to get George's book on sale. And, as always, get free beer brewing and/or beer gift-giving advice.
$ $ Cyber Monday Special! $ $ All online gift certificates are eligible for BONUS BEER BUCKS! We’ll add a surprise Beer Buck Bonus amount to every certificate purchased. We can add a personalized message, and mail your gift certificate directly to your recipient.
Plus, tell your friends and relatives that what you really want is to make more BEER! (Gift certificates available for sale at the bottom of every website page.)
- George Hummel on WHYY's "The Pulse" in "How science saved beer"
George Hummel added his brewing knowledge to a segment entitled "How science saved beer". Learn a bit about bacteria and the beer industry.
- First Bierfest "Home Sweet Homebrau" Taste-Off Competition
How would you like Free Will Brewing Company to make a brewery-scale batch of your German beer? Come visit us and buy your ingredients to brew an entry now, or enter your already brewed German-style beer for bottle drop-off by Jan 30 at Home Sweet Homebrew.
Sat, February 21 is the 2015 Bierfest hosted by the German Society of Pennsylvania where you can participate in their first Home Sweet Homebrau. Fun for the whole family, you'll love the German food, music, dancing and beer-related activities. See our "What's Hoppening" page for more info on this German-style beer competition and event.
- Take a moment to view this video conversation among George Hummel, Nancy Rigberg, and Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione (founder and President) as they reminisce about the old days of brewing in Philadelphia.
- Every few days we post a new special on Facebook
or Twitter, so visit us often.
- Two New European Intermediate Beer Brewing Recipe Packages added to our Beer Store page. Wouldn't you like your own Belgian Honey Saison or Rye Wheat Saison?
- Order Beer Ingredient Packages online for yourself or as a gift on our Beer Store page, or come in and pick it up.
- Philly2Night Says "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!" from Home Sweet Homebrew!
They liked HSH's total brewing package and said "For anyone that's always wanted to try their hand at Brewing or Wine Making, HSH is the perfect place to start!" Read the full Philly2Night article "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!".
- Join our New Mailing List powered by MailChimp. Every month or so you'll learn what's hoppening at Home Sweet Homebrew, including special varieties of hops, store hours, Philly beer events, etc. We won't share your email address, we promise!
16 Mile Brewing's "HUMMEL" Beer Tank
It’s not a tankless job writing about beer - the guys at 16 Mile Brewing in Georgetown, DE appreciated George’s help formulating their Smoked Oyster Stout and named this tank (right) after him!
- George Hummel on WHYY: Keeping the craft beer flowing in Philadelphia
Listen to George on Philadelphia's WHYY radio station in an interview with NewsWorks Tonight's host, Dave Heller.
- Philadelphia ranked first for best pub crawl city and third for the best U.S. beer brewing city by AMOG.com. Come visit Home Sweet Homebrew to learn more about brewing and join the fun.
- Gift Certificates are perfect all year long. Great present idea for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's or Father's Day, ... or just because.. A HSH gift certificate says that you care about the recipient, and "please, may I have some of your beer?". Easy to order at the bottom of every page.
- Expand Your Beer Horizons: Check out our latest catalog. See some of the many brewing ingredients we can supply for you.