NEW! Half-Batch Brewing Equipment Kits!
Our half-pint version of our basic beer equipment kit, these new half-batch kits are perfect for brewing in small spaces, with no sacrifice in flavor or quality. You can purchase a 2.5 gallon brewing equipment kit with everything you need to brew one case of beer. Just $74.95. Ingredient packs start at $21.95. Call or email us for info or to order. Or order a Gift Certificate (see the bottom of this page) for $100 that we'll send to your gift recipient. They'll probably share their beer with you, so how can you go wrong?
- NEW! Brewery Memorabilia - unique gifts for beer lovers!
We have a fun selection of breweriana, including vintage and retro beer T-shirts (starting at $10), Dogfish Head ball caps, collectible trays (from $15.95), bar mirrors - perfect for mancaves, collectible pint glasses from Heavyweight & Youngs, and collectible growler koozies from the Sam Adams Brewhouse.
Most of these items are 1-of-a-kind, so obviously quantities are limited. Call us at 215.569.9469 or visit the store for pricing.
Here are a few pics............
George's Fault Full Batch Ingredients on Sale.
The homebrew version of Nodding Head's Great American Beer Festival Gold-Medal winning Belgian grand cru style beer was $77.95 but is now just $63.25. See our beer store page for our beer equipment and ingredient package info.
- Wyeast Private Collection: Last chance in December for 4th Quarter PC selections. They are the popular 1217 - West Coast IPA yeast, 2352 - Munich Lager II, and 9097 - Old Ale Blend (has a hint of brett). See www.wyeastlab.com for more info.
"Good taste, good timing: How Philly became the best beer city in America"
You're going to love this fully developed BillyPenn.com article on the history and current state of craft beer in Philadelphia, which (of course) includes the role of Home Sweet Homebrew owners George Hummel and Nancy Rigberg. Just a few of the other players in this article include Tom Peters of Monk's Cafe, Standard Tap's William Reed, Dock Street Brewery's Rosemarie Certo, distributor Ed Friedland, and the Philadelphia Inquirer's Craig LaBan. These people and more have contributed to Philly's beer renaissance, with GQ, Esquire, Frommer's, the AP and Forbes recognizing Philadelphia as an excellent beer city.
"Meet the women brewing up the local beer scene"
"From owners to homebrewers, six ladies talk beer, business & the boys' club."
In this phillyvoice.com article by Aubrey Nagle, you can read about Home Sweet Homebrew's Nancy Rigberg, and five other influential women in Philadelphia brewing: Carol Stoudt, Rosemarie Certo, Christina Burris, Jamie Queli and Gina Vasoli.
- Sam Calagione calls George Hummel "an under-recognized outside of Philadelphia Philadelphia beer celebrity" in his #AskDogfish Episode 5 video, when asked "Who do you think over the last 20 years is the most influential in brewing in Philadelphia?" (if you're short on time, start at about 1:30 in the video).
- New Hops and New Malts are in Stock – some intriguing high alpha German varieties, as well as some new US and New Zealand types. (We've also got a good stock on those high alpha US hops your IPAs love!)
- Beginner's Pubkits and Intermediate Recipes!
You get all the pre-measured and easy to use ingredients to create 5 gallons of beer for only $39.95! Ramble on Rye, Onkel Fester and Brother Thomas and more!
Also, we've added White IPA and Belgian Chocolate Stout recipe packages to our list of partial grain/extract beer recipes. See our Beer Store page for the full list.
Jake, of our Jake & Elwood duo
We're extremely sad to tell you that Jake is no longer with us. We rushed him to veterinary care but we had to make the hardest decision a pet owner ever makes. Jake will be forever in our hearts and souls. Our hearts are breaking.
We recently donated a portion of a weekend's sales to the Morris Animal Refuge in memory of Jake. May his memory be a blessing to other rescues in need. We thank you all for your support.
- George Hummel on WHYY's "The Pulse" in "How science saved beer"
George Hummel added his brewing knowledge to a segment entitled "How science saved beer". Learn a bit about bacteria and the beer industry.
- Take a moment to view this video conversation among George Hummel, Nancy Rigberg, and Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione (founder and President) as they reminisce about the old days of brewing in Philadelphia.
- Every few days we post a new special on Facebook
or Twitter, so visit us often.
- Order Beer Ingredient Packages online for yourself or as a gift on our Beer Store page, or come in and pick it up.
- George Hummel on WHYY: Keeping the craft beer flowing in Philadelphia
Listen to George on Philadelphia's WHYY radio station in an interview with NewsWorks Tonight's host, Dave Heller.
- Gift Certificates are perfect all year long. Beer brewing ingredients, brewing books, kits, etc. are great present ideas for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's or Father's Day, ... or just because.. A HSH gift certificate says that you care about the recipient, and "please, may I have some of your homebrewed beer?". Easy to order at the bottom of every page.
- Expand Your Beer Horizons: Check out our latest catalog. See some of the many beer brewing and wine making ingredients that we can supply you.