- Enjoy "Giotto's Blues," a George Hummel and Dogfish Head Brew, Sept 23 at Grey Lodge Pub (6 - 9 pm)
In honor of his late friend Paul Coff, George brewed Giotto's Blues at Dogfish Head's Rehoboth Brewpub. Giotto's Blues is named for one of Paul's poems. George turns 60 this month, so he's also marking that occasion!!
A donation to Parkinson's research will let you taste this new beer with 5 types of malt, maple syrup, anise, licorice root, sweet orange, grains of paradise, 2 types of hops and a Belgian style yeast.
Read more on our What's Hoppening page, and view this conversation among George, Nancy and Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione (founder and President) in this video as they reminisce about the old days of brewing in Philadelphia. (And be sure to wish George a Happy 60th Birthday!)
- Brew Now to Compete in HOPS BOPS XXX Yes, it's time to think about brewing for the Home Brewers of Philadelphia and Suburbs (HOPS) Best of Philadelphia and Suburbs (BOPS) competition! Mark October 25 on your calendar! See www.hopsclub.org for general info and previous winners. We can help you with your recipe and ingredients. Stop in at Home Sweet Homebrew for personalized brewing advice.
- Every few days we post a new special on Facebook
or Twitter, so visit us often.
- Two New European Intermediate Beer Brewing Recipe Packages added to our Beer Store page. Wouldn't you like your own Belgian Honey Saison or Rye Wheat Saison?
- Order Beer Ingredient Packages online for yourself or as a gift on our Beer Store page, or come in and pick it up.
- Philly2Night Says "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!" from Home Sweet Homebrew!
They liked HSH's total brewing package and said "For anyone that's always wanted to try their hand at Brewing or Wine Making, HSH is the perfect place to start!" Read the full Philly2Night article "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!".
- Join our New Mailing List powered by MailChimp. Every month or so you'll learn what's hoppening at Home Sweet Homebrew, including special varieties of hops, store hours, Philly beer events, etc. We won't share your email address, we promise!
16 Mile Brewing's "HUMMEL" Beer Tank
It’s not a tankless job writing about beer - the guys at 16 Mile Brewing in Georgetown, DE appreciated George’s help formulating their Smoked Oyster Stout and named this tank (right) after him!
- George Hummel on WHYY: Keeping the craft beer flowing in Philadelphia
Listen to George on Philadelphia's WHYY radio station in an interview with NewsWorks Tonight's host, Dave Heller.
- Philadelphia ranked first for best pub crawl city and third for the best U.S. beer brewing city by AMOG.com. Come visit Home Sweet Homebrew to learn more about brewing and join the fun.
- Gift Certificates are perfect all year long. Great present idea for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's or Father's Day, ... or just because.. A HSH gift certificate says that you care about the recipient, and "please, may I have some of your beer?". Easy to order at the bottom of every page.
- Expand Your Beer Horizons: Check out our latest catalog. See some of the many brewing ingredients we can supply for you.